Engage Neighbors and Nations – Pray for our Fellowship Mission Partners (part 1)
Posted Mar 23, 2017 by Kris Eldridge in Missions
Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the work. – Oswald Chambers
This week's and next week's mission blogs will have prayer requests from our Fellowship mission partners. Thank you for praying!
European Christian Mission/Johan and Lilli Lukasse
- Johan has developed a blood clot in his right arm – please pray for good results for the medical care and interventions and for his strength to return.
- For the effects of the next chemo on Tuesday, March 21.
- For the meetings of the leadership team, in Athens, that it really will take place there and they find the quality time to speak with the local leaders of the Evangelical Church of Greece.
- For staff hiring. May the Lord bring qualified people to Wiphan who have a heart for orphans. Pray specifically for a new Director of Education and for a third pastor.
- For the people on the teams going to Zambia this summer. Pray that they will connect with God’s widows and orphans in an emotional and spiritual way to communicate love and compassion. (May trip hopes to raise awareness for child sponsorship. June trip will be US teachers coming beside the Zambian teachers to invest in them. August trip will be a women’s conference for the faculty, ladies in skills training programs and teen girls on Who They Are in Christ.)
- For fundraising in 2017 to meet the operations budget.
- For more families willing to invest in a child in Zambia through Wiphan’s Child Sponsorship Program.
Smoke Rise Missions/Dan Chamberlin
- Please pray for a complete and quick recovery for Dan Chamberlin, from his knee reconstruction surgery. He is unable to get around for a few weeks and will have extensive rehab. Hopefully, he will be walking in a few months!
NBS2GO (Neighborhood Bible Study to Go)/Debbie McGoldrick
- Caroline Schuler, July 7-19, 2017 will represent NBS2GO in Uganda training 150 country leaders in beginning NBS's in addition to addressing 5,000 at the Women's Empowerment Conference.
Hope Roswell/Brenda Orlans
- Please pray for the Roswell Day of Hope; for good weather (no rain), and that many souls will come to Christ and many people will join us for the event!
Trinidad Bible Institute/Birbal and Annette Boodram
- Annette had a very successful open heart triple bypass surgery. Continue praying for her recovery.
Camp Grace/Dave Pridemore
- Camp Grace is praying for a large mission team to join Bob Whitaker for a short term trip to Camp Grace to work with our urban underserved kids. Please pray and ask God if you are to be on the team.
Passion Life/John Ensor
- Our daughter Megan works with me in Lanzhou, China where we have been working to mobilize Chinese House Churches to establish a safe home for mothers looking to escape forced abortion. But they are hitting a rough patch.
- Megan writes, “the last few weeks we've had setbacks and received some discouraging news—miscommunications among people working together, changes in the board, difficulty spreading the word about the Home and finding the mothers who need our help, as well as raising funds locally, and various anxieties and pressures about the success and future of the Home. The brothers and sisters here need your prayers. Lately, we have been reminded that “...though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds” 2 Corinthians 10:3-4. Would you pray that the strongholds in the culture of death would be broken?
Medical Missions Ministries/Hermann Alb
- For the lost we reach out to.
- For God's provision of medications.
- For safety as we travel.
- For the safety of the teams that come from the USA, and the experience of hearing His voice.
- For the different projects we are involved in:
- - Evangelistic Medical, Dental and Eye Clinics
- - Training of Health Guardians from the local church to follow up the patients
- - Food distribution, partnering with the local churches
- - Houses building in partnering with the local churches
- - Micronutrients for women in fertile age to prevent children with learning disabilities
- - Micro business, right now we are taking part in the development of a bakery
- - Teachers, principals and supervisors conferences
- - Pastor's conferences by region to inspire an influential church
- - Health Kits Installation. (Water filter, efficient stove, and a solar panel)
- For financial support.
- For unity and among our board, staff, supporting churches and any other partner who God may call.
- For newer Suburbans.
- For God to give us the two empty lots around the Ministry Center.
- For wisdom as we plan new projects and reach the local churches.
- For God to bless us spiritually, physically, emotionally and financially.
- For more influence as we serve USA churches, local churches and the communities.
- For God's direction and favor as we listen and obey.
- For God to deliver us from evil.
- That we all improve our communication skills.
- For more workers with a leadership attitude, for the harvest is plenty and the workers are few.
Kris Eldridge |Mission Pastor
770.641.5649 | email